International recognition for Axminster company
Tool company hammers home the green message to win an award
AXMINSTER Tool Centre has been commended for hammering home the “green” message.
The company has achieved the International Standards Organisation’s certificate in recognition of its hard work in maintaining its many environmental initiatives.
From re-processing cardboard and plastic through a licensed re-processor to sending customer account invoices by email, the firm r regularly examines all of its procedures and processes to see if there is a greener method of achieving the same end.
For all recent and current developments of the site, care has been taken to ensure that the latest environmental control system is used for heating the new offices.
You may also want to watch:
During the last few years the company has replaced many of the lighting arrays in its warehouse and offices with systems that incorporate occupation sensors which reduce the time that lighting is left on in unused areas.
Company Secretary, Andrew Thomas said: “We constantly review our processes with a view to making them environmentally viable as well as economical. It is often the case that saving the planet can also mean saving money by working smarter and this keeps us in the forefront of our market sector.”
- 1 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 2 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 3 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 4 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 5 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 6 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 7 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 8 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 9 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 10 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners