International recognition for Axminster company
Tool company hammers home the green message to win an award
AXMINSTER Tool Centre has been commended for hammering home the “green” message.
The company has achieved the International Standards Organisation’s certificate in recognition of its hard work in maintaining its many environmental initiatives.
From re-processing cardboard and plastic through a licensed re-processor to sending customer account invoices by email, the firm r regularly examines all of its procedures and processes to see if there is a greener method of achieving the same end.
For all recent and current developments of the site, care has been taken to ensure that the latest environmental control system is used for heating the new offices.
You may also want to watch:
During the last few years the company has replaced many of the lighting arrays in its warehouse and offices with systems that incorporate occupation sensors which reduce the time that lighting is left on in unused areas.
Company Secretary, Andrew Thomas said: “We constantly review our processes with a view to making them environmentally viable as well as economical. It is often the case that saving the planet can also mean saving money by working smarter and this keeps us in the forefront of our market sector.”
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching