Invasive plants take root
More invasive plants found in Honiton.
The invasive plant Himalayan Balsam has been found growing high up in the Gissage Valley, a Honiton Town councillor has warned.
Councillor Roy Coombs told fellow councillors last week that he had discovered the plant growing in an area of the Gissage, which has previously been unaffected.
He said: “It is destroying the native wild flowers.
“Something is going to have to be looked at next year.”
You may also want to watch:
He feared areas that had been free of the invasive plant could become infected.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery