Isabella’s jellyfish photo makes a splash
- Credit: Archant
Seaton teenager wins national wildlife contest
A Seaton teenager’s photograph of a jellyfish washed up on the resort’s beach has won a national competition.
Isabella Synek-Herd, 14, was judged under 18s winner of the Daily Mail’s Weekend Wildlife Competition, beating 10,000 others.
The Colyton Grammar School student won £1,000 of Nikon camera equipment and had her photo published in the Mail’s Weekend Magazine.
Isabella used a Sony DSC-HX300 with a neutral density filter and a slow shutter speed to ‘get the shot.’
You may also want to watch:
“I was pleased with it because the image takes you a while to work out what it is”, she said.
Some of those on the judging panel included wildlife expert Bill Oddie, Countryfile’s Ellie Harrison and Springwatch host Martin Hughes-Games.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone