It costs £150,000 a year to keep 11 bikes and two emergency all-terrain vehicles on the road
- Credit: Archant
Devon Freewheelers is a team of 50 volunteer emergency vehicle drivers.
They are dedicated to providing a weekday, out-of-hours service and around-the-clock weekend service, supporting the NHS in delivering essential blood, samples, medication and donor breast milk to hospitals throughout every corner of Devon.
The service is completely free.
The emergency vehicle drivers have paid for their own fuel when funds were low, using their own cash for petrol to run the motorbikes and emergency transport.
The charity’s annual budget is £150,000 - essential in maintaining its fleet of 11 bikes and two emergency all-terrain vehicles, plus office costs.
You may also want to watch:
? To donate to Devon Freewheelers, send cheques, made payable to the charity, to Devon Freewheelers, Unit 5, Durham Way, Heathpark Industrial Estate, Honiton, Devon, EX14 1SQ.
Or readers can pay into the Freewheelers’ Barclays account – adding the code DFW – using sort code 20-30-47 and bank account number 40721719.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations