It has been a privilege
May I, through your columns, thank all those who voted for me in the recent Seaton Coastal election for Devon County Council. The result was:- UKIP 879, Labour 177, Conservative 1757 and Liberal Democrats 1622. Consequently, Seaton Coastal will now b
May I, through your columns, thank all those who voted for me in the recent Seaton Coastal election for Devon County Council.
The result was:- UKIP 879, Labour 177, Conservative 1757 and Liberal Democrats 1622.
Consequently, Seaton Coastal will now be represented by a Conservative.
It has been a great privilege to represent the people of Seaton Rural and Seaton Coastal on Devon County Council since 1985, with only a break of four years from 1989 - 1993, as well as being described by a local fisherman as "a good old stick for this area". I have made many friends.
You may also want to watch:
I have been very proud to be part of the Liberal Democrat Group that has achieved so much for the people of Devon. I leave with a long list of initiatives successfully completed eg Axmouth Bridge and the Underfleet in Seaton. Some, still incomplete, need to be seen through to their conclusion. It is up to those of us who truly have the interests of Seaton Coastal, the Axe Valley and this end of East Devon at heart, to complete projects initiated by my late husband Noel, myself and others. To this end, and with this objective in mind, we must keep on campaigning
My thanks to all those who have helped me during the campaign by delivering leaflets, canvassing and displaying posters.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 3 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 4 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 7 The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal
- 8 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 9 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
Also to those who did telling at the Polling Stations and reminded people who had not been to vote.