J D Wetherspoon submits plan for The Star
Application received by East Devon District Council after months of negotiations to buy Honiton pub.
After months of negotiations, pub chain J D Wetherspoon has submitted a planning application for The Star Inn, Honiton.
Major improvements to the New Street premises are proposed, including the provision of two terraces.
Up to 19 jobs could be created - seven full-time and 12 part-time.
The pub has been closed while negotiations with J D Wetherspoon continued.
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Council will determine the application, but business leaders have welcomed the pub chain’s interest in Honiton.
They say New Street could be revitalised by the arrival of J D Wetherspoon.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public