‘Smuggler’s’ tipple wins top award for Shute drinks firm
- Credit: Archant
Yo ho ho! Lyme Bay Winery’s Jack Ratt Lugger Rum is now on sale at Waitrose supermarkets
Lyme Bay Winery’s new flagship drink - Jack Ratt Lugger Rum - has been crowned a ‘Champion’ at the ‘Taste of the West Awards’.
It has also secured a national listing with Waitrose, launching in stores this month.
Devon’s first spiced rum, produced at the firm’s base near Shute, Axminster, has been recognised by judges as the best in the West, triumphing over scores of South West drinks products to be named ‘Champion’ in the ‘Wine, Spirits and Liqueurs’ category.
Managing Director James Lambert said: “It’s been a wonderful surprise. We’ve known from day one that the Lugger Rum was something special but to win this award in such great company is a real honour.”
You may also want to watch:
The award comes as Lugger Rum launches into Waitrose supermarkets nationally - hitting shelves in over 150 of its store across the country.
Lyme Bay sales manager, Sara Walters said: “We have established a valued relationship with Waitrose over the past decade, during which time the team there have shown us nothing but the utmost support and enthusiasm for our new ideas and products.”
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying
** Beer based Jack Rattenbury, nicknamed Rob Roy of the West, was an English smuggler. In 1837 after thirty years at sea as a fisherman, pilot, seaman and smuggler he wrote about his life in a book called Memoirs of a Smuggler.