Jake's Army career is marching along
JAKE Aird, 18, from Honiton is pictured taking part in this year s passing out parade at the Army Foundation College in Harrogate.
JAKE Aird, 18, from Honiton is pictured taking part in this year's passing out parade at the Army Foundation College in Harrogate.
The parade is the second largest Army event of its kind after the Trooping of the Colour.
Jake, a former student of Honiton Community College, spent almost a year at the college undergoing his basic Army training and gleaning an insight into the work of the REME.
He will start the second stage of his training soon at Bordon, Hampshire, and will go on to join the REME as a craftsman.
You may also want to watch:
During his year at Harrogate, Jake took part in a number of tactical exercises out in the field and participated in a trip to France to visit war memorials.
Jake attended Honiton Primary School and studied mechanics at Exeter College.
- 1 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 2 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 5 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 6 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 7 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 8 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 9 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer