Jake's Army career is marching along
JAKE Aird, 18, from Honiton is pictured taking part in this year s passing out parade at the Army Foundation College in Harrogate.
JAKE Aird, 18, from Honiton is pictured taking part in this year's passing out parade at the Army Foundation College in Harrogate.
The parade is the second largest Army event of its kind after the Trooping of the Colour.
Jake, a former student of Honiton Community College, spent almost a year at the college undergoing his basic Army training and gleaning an insight into the work of the REME.
He will start the second stage of his training soon at Bordon, Hampshire, and will go on to join the REME as a craftsman.
You may also want to watch:
During his year at Harrogate, Jake took part in a number of tactical exercises out in the field and participated in a trip to France to visit war memorials.
Jake attended Honiton Primary School and studied mechanics at Exeter College.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 8 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 9 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 10 Honiton bowlers move indoors with success