Jake's Army career is marching along
JAKE Aird, 18, from Honiton is pictured taking part in this year s passing out parade at the Army Foundation College in Harrogate.
JAKE Aird, 18, from Honiton is pictured taking part in this year's passing out parade at the Army Foundation College in Harrogate.
The parade is the second largest Army event of its kind after the Trooping of the Colour.
Jake, a former student of Honiton Community College, spent almost a year at the college undergoing his basic Army training and gleaning an insight into the work of the REME.
He will start the second stage of his training soon at Bordon, Hampshire, and will go on to join the REME as a craftsman.
You may also want to watch:
During his year at Harrogate, Jake took part in a number of tactical exercises out in the field and participated in a trip to France to visit war memorials.
Jake attended Honiton Primary School and studied mechanics at Exeter College.
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 School recognised for appliance of science
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit