James Semple was simply pro-Seaton
Former chairman of development trust worked selflessly for the good of the town.
I would like to express my regret that James Semple has resigned as chairman of Seaton Development Trust.
I have never met him but, from conversations with other people in Seaton who did, I believe he was a man who worked selflessly for the future of Seaton.
He was near enough accused of being ‘anti-Tesco‘, but I think he was more ‘pro Seaton‘.
Some at EDDC should be ashamed of themselves for tarring him with this brush just because he opposed some of their views. As far as I remember, that is what we call democracy.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 Local Football Results
- 8 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 9 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz