James Semple was simply pro-Seaton
Former chairman of development trust worked selflessly for the good of the town.
I would like to express my regret that James Semple has resigned as chairman of Seaton Development Trust.
I have never met him but, from conversations with other people in Seaton who did, I believe he was a man who worked selflessly for the future of Seaton.
He was near enough accused of being ‘anti-Tesco‘, but I think he was more ‘pro Seaton‘.
Some at EDDC should be ashamed of themselves for tarring him with this brush just because he opposed some of their views. As far as I remember, that is what we call democracy.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 3 Chard youngsters overcome fears and make memories at activity centre
- 4 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 5 Recycled toy shop's kind gesture to Ukrainian families
- 6 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 7 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 8 Biker killed in Devon crash named
- 9 Grantchester star and former Colyton Grammar student Tom Brittney goes ‘back to school’
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton