Jane Austen's ancester gives talk, Lyme Regis
JANE Austen s ancestor Diana Shervington will be bringing the literary great to life with a talk at Lyme Regis Museum.
JANE Austen's ancestor Diana Shervington will be bringing the literary great to life with a talk at Lyme Regis Museum.
The family heirlooms, which are on loan to the museum, will illustrate the talk on Wednesday, May 12, at 2.30pm.
*People are invited to take part in a celebration marking the completion of conservation work on the 108-year-old listed building during a 'night weekend' on Saturday, May 15.
There will be drinks at 6.30pm, followed by a talk on George Vialls, architect of the museum, at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Former curator Max Hebditch will tell how this Victorian architect came to be designer of the museum, guildhall and other buildings in Lyme. The museum will be open until 9pm - admission is free.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 5 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 6 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 7 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 10 We're wild about open spaces but beware, others are not