Jane’s ‘challenging’ walk raises more than �1,000
Fund-raisier completes 50-mile walk for Parkinson’s UK.
A Parkinson’s sufferer from Honiton has raised more than �1,000 for charity after taking on her toughest walking challenge to date.
Jane Rideout, 56, last week took on a 50-mile walk along the south west coastal path to raise money for Parkinson’s UK.
Jane, who was diagnosed with the disease four-year-ago, said: “It was very hard work, but a great experience.”
She added: “I wanted to do something positive for Parkinson’s UK. Having Parkinson’s makes so many everyday tasks, such as doing up a button, difficult, or even impossible.
You may also want to watch:
“Parkinson’s changes your life and the lives of your family.
Anyone wishing to make a donation is urged to visit www.justgiving.com/Jane-Rideout0
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal