Jane’s toughest challenge to date
Parkinson’s sufferer Jane Rideout gets ready to take on a 50-mile walk for Parkinson’s UK.
A Parkinson’s sufferer from Honiton is preparing to take on her toughest walking challenge to date.
Jane Rideout will shortly be taking on a 50-mile walk along the south west coastal path to raise money for Parkinson’s UK.
She will start her walk from Exmouth and will finish at Chesil Beach in Abbotsbury.
Jane, who was diagnosed with the disease four-year-ago, will have to tackle some difficult stretches along the way including the ascent of the Golden Cap which towers 626 feet above sea level.
You may also want to watch:
“I am a bit apprehensive about the walk,” says the 56-year-old. “I wanted to set myself a real challenge.”
“I have walked 10 miles in a day before but I haven’t done that distance five days in a row. I just hope we don’t get too wet,” added Jane
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
She hopes to raise more than �1,000 for the charity.
Jane said: “I wanted to do something positive for Parkinson’s UK . Having Parkinson’s makes so many everyday tasks, such as doing up a button, difficult, or even impossible. I can’t write clearly, so I even have to type up my shopping list.
“Parkinson’s changes your life, and the lives of your family.
“I thought I was quite young to have Parkinson’s but 1 in 20 people with Parkinson’s are under the age of 40. As Parkinson’s is progressive, anything to help people cope better with the symptoms as they worsen will radically improve lives.
“The current research is making great progress towards better treatments and possibly a cure. I wanted to raise money to support this.”
Anyone wishing to sponsor Jane or make a donation can visit www.justgiving.com/Jane-Rideout0