Jedward win new fans in Lyme Regis
But pop duo don’t have the time to take up free hairspray offer.
Pop duo Jedward, famed for their outlandish hairstyles, have wooed a new wave of teenage fans in Lyme Regis.
The former X-Factor contestants, identical twins Edward and John Grimes, stayed at a seafront hotel in the resort while they were filming for a new television series.
Among those to meet the stars was 17-year-old trainee hairdresser Becca Jayne Solway, of Queens Walk.
“I didn’t used to like them, but they have grown on me,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I actually like them now and they spoke to my mum’s boyfriend for three minutes.
“They told me I was awesome and said I’m an awesome hairdresser.”
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 Local Football Results
- 8 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 9 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
Becca, who is an apprentice at Along Came Polly, offered them a free trial of Redken hairspray.
“They never showed up,” she said. “But I really like them and got to kiss them both.”
Photo by Becca Overton.