Jedward win new fans in Lyme Regis
But pop duo don’t have the time to take up free hairspray offer.
Pop duo Jedward, famed for their outlandish hairstyles, have wooed a new wave of teenage fans in Lyme Regis.
The former X-Factor contestants, identical twins Edward and John Grimes, stayed at a seafront hotel in the resort while they were filming for a new television series.
Among those to meet the stars was 17-year-old trainee hairdresser Becca Jayne Solway, of Queens Walk.
“I didn’t used to like them, but they have grown on me,” she said.
“I actually like them now and they spoke to my mum’s boyfriend for three minutes.
“They told me I was awesome and said I’m an awesome hairdresser.”
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 3 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 4 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 5 Honiton author release new sci-fi drama book
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 8 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 9 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 10 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
Becca, who is an apprentice at Along Came Polly, offered them a free trial of Redken hairspray.
“They never showed up,” she said. “But I really like them and got to kiss them both.”
Photo by Becca Overton.