Jenny’s the ‘new girl’ at TRIP
After 30 years as the face of Honiton Library, Jenny Wood MBE is now a volunteer at Honiton-based charity.
JENNY Wood MBE, who was the face of Honiton Library for more than three decades, is the ‘new girl’ at TRIP Community Transport Association.
She is a volunteer at the charity’s New Street office every Wednesday morning - and is busy reviving quizzes that were so popular at the library.
The first quiz sheet is on sale now, priced �1, and it is all about... transport.
Speaking of her new, voluntary role, Jenny told The Midweek Herald: “It’s lovely.
You may also want to watch:
“I find it a bit strange being the new girl, but everybody is being very friendly and patient, because there is a lot to learn.”
The thought of putting her feet up in retirement didn’t appeal to Jenny.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 6 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 7 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 8 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style
“I want to keep busy, particularly in the winter,” she said.
“I am missing my former colleagues and all the readers and the library.”
Jenny’s quiz sheet is available from TRIP’s office or Honiton Tourist Information Centre.
Cash prizes are up for grabs - �20 and �5, respectively.
Jenny is also volunteering her time at the Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honiton.