Join the Hospiscare shop team and help boost funds for day hospice
- Credit: Archant
Join Honiton’s Hospiscare shop, make new friends and be part of the team helping fund the new East Devon Day Hospice.
Hospiscare has 19 shops dotted around Devon and they are vitally important to raise funds and raise awareness of its services.
Since 1982 Hospiscare has helped more than 20,000 patients and their families in East and Mid Devon and Exeter.
Maureen Torry, who lives at Fenny Bridges, has been volunteering for nine years in the Honiton shop. She helps three times a week and loves every minute of it.
“I enjoy the company and I like meeting people. I decided to volunteer for Hospiscare because I wanted to help a local charity,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“You meet lots of people in the shop and my fellow workers are very friendly – and there’s always lots of cups of tea! I love shopping in charity shops.”
Shop manager Lauren Fisher added: “Any help that volunteers can give makes a huge difference. If they have only got two hours a week to give, that’s great, because it frees time up for us. There is a wide range of roles on offer; some people like to do a bit of everything.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
“There’s a nice atmosphere here. People like coming in for a bit of company and to enjoy a couple of hours together. We have all become good friends.”
Roles include working at the till, greeting customers, sorting donations, steaming clothes, pricing and making tea.
For more information, call Lauren on 01404 44445 or email email@example.com
The Big Devon Bake Off, September 13 to 21.
Hospiscare Skydiving Day on Sunday, September 21, at Dunkeswell Airfield.
A Jolly Good Jaunt, Sunday, October 5, at Deer Park Country Hotel, Weston, near Honiton.
For information call Hospiscare on 01392 688020.
Jan Sutcliffe and Nostalgia Incorporated with maestro Trevor Bolshaw will be presenting One Hundred Years of Words and Music 1914 - 2014 on Saturday, September 6, being held at Gittisham Village Hall, starting at 7.30pm. Proceeds will be split between the day hospice appeal and St Michael’s Church, Gittisham. Tickets are £10 and are available by calling 01404 851255 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.