Jubilee plans taking shape
Bumper programme being planned.
PLANS for royal celebrations to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee at Seaton this summer are rapidly taking shape.
The town council is joining forces with local organisations to present a bumper programme of festivities over the Bank Holiday weekend of June 2-5.
They will aim to reflect the events Buckingham Palace has organised for the Queen.
The Seaton programme will feature a giant jubilee picnic lunch at Cliff Field Gardens on Sunday, June 3, with entertainment and fun for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
And on Monday, June 4 there will be a variety of activities on the beach and around the town to include:
l A bicycle Epsom Derby.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 5 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 School embraces reading challenge
l A community barbecue on the beach.
l Fireworks and the lighting of the resort’s official jubilee beacon.
Seaton in Bloom 2012 will also be based on a Jubilee and Olympic theme.
And the Axe Valley Museum is to hold an exhibition of Seaton over the last 60 years.
Now the town council wants to encourage businesses, organisations, churches, local groups and individuals to get involved or offer support for these activities.
And it wants to hear from people or groups planning other events over the weekend to celebrate the jubilee.
They are asked to get in touch with Gaynor Sedgwick (email@example.com), on 01297 625671 or Tony Le Riche, the town clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 01297 21388, so their event can be included as part of the programme for the weekend.