Just what IS going on at maternity unit?
Woman in labour told to go to Exeter.
The headline to Mrs Pearce’s letter in last week’s Herald, quite literally, took the words out of my mouth.
I was poised to write a similar observation.
My daughter recently gave birth. She had booked into Honiton.
When she called at 9.45am on a Friday, saying she was having regular contractions, she was told there was nobody there and she should go to Exeter!
She wasn’t exactly in a position to argue!
I was very surprised and angry for her and, on behalf of all those (including myself and my two daughters) who supported the recent campaign to keep the unit open... Just what is going on?
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 5 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 6 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 7 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 8 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 9 All aboard! new halt for Seaton Tramway
- 10 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise