Just what IS going on at maternity unit?
Woman in labour told to go to Exeter.
The headline to Mrs Pearce’s letter in last week’s Herald, quite literally, took the words out of my mouth.
I was poised to write a similar observation.
My daughter recently gave birth. She had booked into Honiton.
When she called at 9.45am on a Friday, saying she was having regular contractions, she was told there was nobody there and she should go to Exeter!
You may also want to watch:
She wasn’t exactly in a position to argue!
I was very surprised and angry for her and, on behalf of all those (including myself and my two daughters) who supported the recent campaign to keep the unit open... Just what is going on?
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes