Justice for Gregory Broad
Detective praises public.
POLICE have praised members of the public who helped get justice for assault victim Gregory Broad after his attackers were jailed.
Exeter Crown Court heard how a retirement home resident dialled 999 as she watched the brutal incident unfold through a pair of binoculars.
Detective Constable Steve Harrison, of Hontion CID, told the Midweek Herald: “This was a particularly prolonged and sustained attack on a young chap, which was unprovoked and motiveless, resulting in serious injury.
“A lot of hard work has been done by myself and my colleagues. I’d like to thank members of the public who have supported us with statements.
You may also want to watch:
“There was also a lot of forensic and medical work done.
“Without all those things coming together we wouldn’t have had the result we did.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public