Katy joins Herald team
Additional reporter to help editor develop the product.
THE Midweek Herald is pleased to welcome reporter Katy Griffin.
Katy, 23, has been appointed as an addition to the existing team.
West Country born and bred, Katy studied journalism at the University of Chester before embarking on the National Council for the Training of Journalists’ course at Cornwall College, in Camborne.
She has moved to East Devon from Bristol, where her family lives, after previously working on The Highland News, in Inverness, Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
Katy has a passion for films and enjoys going to the cinema.
She will be providing back-up for editor Belinda Bennett in the Honiton patch and undertaking general reporting from across East Devon.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 10 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
Her appointment means Belinda can spend more time developing story ideas for the Midweek Herald, organising campaigns and improving the overall quality of the product.