Kilmington care home set to expand
- Credit: Archant
Award winning Koppers has new owners
Award-winning Koppers Care Home in Kilmington has been sold and is set for a major expansion.
Voted one of the top 20 recommended care homes in the South West last year, the business has been bought by Martin and Carolyn Thomas and Dr and Mrs Muzaffar Malik.
Christie and Co, in Exeter, handled the sale on behalf of Vivian and Deen Baksh.
The asking price was £1.35million but details of the actual price paid have not been made public.
You may also want to watch:
The 24-bedroom home, which has an excellent reputation for quality dementia care, has planning permission to extend by 10 rooms and the purchasers hope to have them completed very soon.
Christie director John Crocker said: “We were delighted to assist our clients in enabling them to acquire the first of a planned portfolio of care homes in the South West.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
“The new owners have a wealth of experience and this will stand them in very good stead when taking over at The Koppers, and we are looking forward to seeing how they further expand and strengthen the business.”
In addition to being brokered by Christie and Co, the deal was facilitated by its sister company, Christie Finance, who used relationships with financial bodies including clearing banks, centralised lenders, finance houses and building societies to secure the best lending terms for the buyers.