Kirstie Allsopp praises local organic farm
TV star spreads the word through Twitter.
TV property princess Kirstie Allsopp was so impressed by organic meat she has recommended it to her internet followers.
The Channel Four star, who lives in Broadhembury, near Honiton, told the 40,000 people who follow her on Twitter how much she enjoyed mince steak from Peradon Organic Farm in Clyst Hydon.
The co-presenter of Location, Location, Location and numerous spin-off shows, ‘tweeted’: “The organic meat boxes are a winner. Just doing a spag bol for OH (other half), the mince steak is brilliant.”
The mother-of-four believes people should shop locally, and organically, whenever possible. “The idea of meat being flown all over the world is repellent,” she said.
Jonathan and Louise Burrough sell their organically-reared meat at local markets, including Seaton, Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth.
People can also order meat boxes and individual cuts via their online shop and the Mole Valley Farmers’ website. Delivery is free nationwide.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 3 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 4 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 5 Honiton author release new sci-fi drama book
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 8 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 9 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 10 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
The Burroughs launched the business in January.
“We’re delighted Kirstie has tried our meat and enjoyed it so much,” said 33-year-old Louise.
Visit www.peradonorganicfarm.co.uk or call (01884) 277682.