Kirstie Allsopp praises local organic farm
TV star spreads the word through Twitter.
TV property princess Kirstie Allsopp was so impressed by organic meat she has recommended it to her internet followers.
The Channel Four star, who lives in Broadhembury, near Honiton, told the 40,000 people who follow her on Twitter how much she enjoyed mince steak from Peradon Organic Farm in Clyst Hydon.
The co-presenter of Location, Location, Location and numerous spin-off shows, ‘tweeted’: “The organic meat boxes are a winner. Just doing a spag bol for OH (other half), the mince steak is brilliant.”
The mother-of-four believes people should shop locally, and organically, whenever possible. “The idea of meat being flown all over the world is repellent,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan and Louise Burrough sell their organically-reared meat at local markets, including Seaton, Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth.
People can also order meat boxes and individual cuts via their online shop and the Mole Valley Farmers’ website. Delivery is free nationwide.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 7 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 8 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 9 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
The Burroughs launched the business in January.
“We’re delighted Kirstie has tried our meat and enjoyed it so much,” said 33-year-old Louise.
Visit www.peradonorganicfarm.co.uk or call (01884) 277682.