Kirstie Allsopp praises local organic farm
TV star spreads the word through Twitter.
TV property princess Kirstie Allsopp was so impressed by organic meat she has recommended it to her internet followers.
The Channel Four star, who lives in Broadhembury, near Honiton, told the 40,000 people who follow her on Twitter how much she enjoyed mince steak from Peradon Organic Farm in Clyst Hydon.
The co-presenter of Location, Location, Location and numerous spin-off shows, ‘tweeted’: “The organic meat boxes are a winner. Just doing a spag bol for OH (other half), the mince steak is brilliant.”
The mother-of-four believes people should shop locally, and organically, whenever possible. “The idea of meat being flown all over the world is repellent,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan and Louise Burrough sell their organically-reared meat at local markets, including Seaton, Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth.
People can also order meat boxes and individual cuts via their online shop and the Mole Valley Farmers’ website. Delivery is free nationwide.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 5 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 6 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 10 We're wild about open spaces but beware, others are not
The Burroughs launched the business in January.
“We’re delighted Kirstie has tried our meat and enjoyed it so much,” said 33-year-old Louise.
Visit www.peradonorganicfarm.co.uk or call (01884) 277682.