Kirstie Allsopp praises local organic farm
TV star spreads the word through Twitter.
TV property princess Kirstie Allsopp was so impressed by organic meat she has recommended it to her internet followers.
The Channel Four star, who lives in Broadhembury, near Honiton, told the 40,000 people who follow her on Twitter how much she enjoyed mince steak from Peradon Organic Farm in Clyst Hydon.
The co-presenter of Location, Location, Location and numerous spin-off shows, ‘tweeted’: “The organic meat boxes are a winner. Just doing a spag bol for OH (other half), the mince steak is brilliant.”
The mother-of-four believes people should shop locally, and organically, whenever possible. “The idea of meat being flown all over the world is repellent,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan and Louise Burrough sell their organically-reared meat at local markets, including Seaton, Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth.
People can also order meat boxes and individual cuts via their online shop and the Mole Valley Farmers’ website. Delivery is free nationwide.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
The Burroughs launched the business in January.
“We’re delighted Kirstie has tried our meat and enjoyed it so much,” said 33-year-old Louise.
Visit www.peradonorganicfarm.co.uk or call (01884) 277682.