Kitchen blaze breaks out in Honiton home

PUBLISHED: 12:54 10 January 2018 | UPDATED: 12:54 10 January 2018

Archant

The incident was caused by tea towels left on an oven.

Firefighters attended the scene of a blaze which started in the kitchen of a home in Honiton.

The incident, which happened this morning (Wednesday) at 11.38am, was caused by tea towels left on an oven.

The blaze, which broke out at a home in Whitebridges, was out on the crew’s arrival.

However, the kitchen was smoke logged - it was cleared by officers using ventilation fans.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Midweek Herald