Kitchen fire at Musbury

PUBLISHED: 11:58 19 July 2016

Axminster Fire Engine

Axminster Fire Engine

Archant

House in Rosemary Lane filled with smoke after pan left unattended on stove

Firefighters from Axminster, Colyton and Seaton were called to a house in Musbury on Sunday (July 17) after reports of a smoke alarm sounding and a smell of smoke.

On arrival at the property, in Rosemary Lane, they confirmed that there was smoke inside caused by an unattended pan on the cooker.

Two crew members wore breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation (PPV) fan to clear the property of smoke.

Duty of care was left with the occupier.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald