Kitchen fire in St Paul’s Road

PUBLISHED: 09:04 12 June 2012

Archant

Smoke detector goes off shortly after midnight.

Honiton’s two fire appliances had an early morning call today (Tuesday) when they responded to a report of a smoke detector sounding at a property in St Paul’s Road, Honiton.

Fire crews were mobilised shortly after midnight and discovered a small fire had occurred involving a frying pan on an electric cooker.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was out when the crews arrived.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald