‘Knifeman’ mystery in Honiton
Youths knocks on doors and begs for help.
POLICE conducted a search of an estate in Honiton after a youth knocked on doors saying he was being chased by a man with a knife.
The teenager asked for help at addresses in a cul-de-sac in Haydons Park late last Wednesday night, before disappearing without a trace.
Police inquiries have failed to identify the youth and an immediate search of the area found no sign of him.
A pensioner, who did not wish to be named, told the Midweek Herald: “There was a knock on my door at around 10.10pm and my wife answered it.
You may also want to watch:
“A teenager was on the doorstep and said: ‘Can you help me, a man is after me with a knife?’”
The woman closed her door on the white male while she summoned her husband.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
By the time her husband arrived at the door, the youth had gone.
The pensioner said: “We found out he had gone to a neighbour’s house, but they didn’t answer the door.
“I dialled 999. The police took notes and came out with a torch to look for the teenager.”
Residents are now wondering if the youth was really in danger or up to no good.
“I find it strange that, if he was being threatened by a man with a knife, he ran back towards danger from a cul-de-sac,” said the pensioner.
The youth is described as stocky.
He was wearing a white baseball cap, an off-white anorak and jeans.
Sergeant Martin Burrow, of Honiton Police, said: “We are aware of this incident and did attend. He had disappeared and, despite an area search by officers, could not be located.
“We don’t know who he was.
“Certainly, no stabbings and not even any assaults or fights were reported to us that night.”
Police are taking no further action at this stage.