‘Knifeman’ mystery in Honiton
Youths knocks on doors and begs for help.
POLICE conducted a search of an estate in Honiton after a youth knocked on doors saying he was being chased by a man with a knife.
The teenager asked for help at addresses in a cul-de-sac in Haydons Park late last Wednesday night, before disappearing without a trace.
Police inquiries have failed to identify the youth and an immediate search of the area found no sign of him.
A pensioner, who did not wish to be named, told the Midweek Herald: “There was a knock on my door at around 10.10pm and my wife answered it.
You may also want to watch:
“A teenager was on the doorstep and said: ‘Can you help me, a man is after me with a knife?’”
The woman closed her door on the white male while she summoned her husband.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 5 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 6 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
By the time her husband arrived at the door, the youth had gone.
The pensioner said: “We found out he had gone to a neighbour’s house, but they didn’t answer the door.
“I dialled 999. The police took notes and came out with a torch to look for the teenager.”
Residents are now wondering if the youth was really in danger or up to no good.
“I find it strange that, if he was being threatened by a man with a knife, he ran back towards danger from a cul-de-sac,” said the pensioner.
The youth is described as stocky.
He was wearing a white baseball cap, an off-white anorak and jeans.
Sergeant Martin Burrow, of Honiton Police, said: “We are aware of this incident and did attend. He had disappeared and, despite an area search by officers, could not be located.
“We don’t know who he was.
“Certainly, no stabbings and not even any assaults or fights were reported to us that night.”
Police are taking no further action at this stage.