Knifepoint robbery at Seaton
- Credit: Archant
Cashier hands over £175 after being threatened by a man in a balaclava
Police are appealing for witnesses following a knifepoint robbery in Seaton.
It happened at Woodfield Stores and Video, Primrose Way on Friday, April 1.
A man entered the store around 12.35pm and demanded money from the till.
During the incident around £175 was taken and the cashier was threatened with a knife by the suspect. The cashier was left shaken but unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a white man in his 20s and approximately 5ft 10ins to 5ft 11ins tall. He was wearing a black ski mask, similar to a balaclava but having only one hole which showed the eyes of the suspect, a green three-quarter length parka jacket with mixed colour fur around the hood, and dark trainers with white edging.
The suspect had a South East accent and made off in the direction of Drovers Way. Officers and the dog team conducted searches of the area but no-one was found.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Police are appealing for witnesses and ask that if anyone was in the area during the time of the robbery or noticed anything suspicious, that they contact police on 101 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting crime number CR/020760/16.
You can also give information anonymously tor Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.