Knifepoint robbery on A30
Man sitting in his car is victim.
Police have launched a search for knife-weilding robbers following an incident near Honiton.
A Dell laptop computer, a man’s Next suit and �50 in cash were stolen when two thieves threatened a motorist with a knife.
The victim was sitting in his red Hyundai car in a layby on the westbound section of the A30, close to Honiton, when he was robbed at knifepoint on Monday morning.
The robbery happened at around 11.15am and the suspects are believed to have left the scene in a metallic silver-grey BMW 5 series vehicle.
One of the suspects is described as looking similar to the lead singer of the Happy Mondays band. He is aged in his 30s, is of average build, with a spotty face, dark brown hair in a bowler haircut and was wearing an Adidas top. He has a Northern accent and could possibly be from Liverpool or Manchester.
The second suspect is said to be Asian or of mixed race. He is aged in his late 20s to early 30s and has dark hair and a dark goatee beard. He was wearing a dark baseball cap and blue jeans and also spoke with a Northern accent.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
Police are appealing for anybody with information to contact them on 08452 777444, quoting reference KH/11/406.