Knit in the pink for Sidmouth
CALLING all Sidmouth knitters, or those that crochet. Cancer Research UK s Sidmouth shop hopes to get the community behind next month s breast cancer awareness campaign by asking people to knit or crochet pink scarves to sell in its Fore Street shop.
CALLING all Sidmouth knitters, or those that crochet.
Cancer Research UK's Sidmouth shop hopes to get the community behind next month's breast cancer awareness campaign by asking people to knit or crochet pink scarves to sell in its Fore Street shop.
Lenny Titherington, the shop's manager, has enlisted the help of her assistant manager's daughter to model the scarves to promote Sidmouth Goes Pink on Friday, October 16.
Rebekah Craig's daughter Mollie,16, a student at Sidmouth College, is likely to be seen around the town in posters promoting the pink day.
You may also want to watch:
Phillipa Dunn, who runs Beauty Within, is drumming up support from shops, to get them to turn pink for the day and organise a fundraising event to go to cancer research.
Pink leaflets are being distributed asking people to wear pink T-shirts, display pink balloons, wear pink bras and wigs and have a collection box. All these are available from the charity's shop.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 William conquers 200 books
- 7 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 8 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 9 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
Last year Taste of Sidmouth made more than �100 by selling pink ice cream and Lenny hopes others will follow their lead making and selling goodies.
"Last year we had 27 businesses involved and raised �1,700," said Lenny. "We want to try to make it even bigger this year and raise more than �2,000."
This year's slogan is Join the Fight for Women's Survival.
"We will have the usual pink items for sale in the shop, pink and blue ducks and, of course, scarves.
"Anyone can join in, individuals or schools."
Contact Lenny at (01395) 577203 or Phillipa at (01395) 519564 for more information.