Labour leadership: Honiton and Tiverton back David Miliband
David Miliband thanks local party members for their support as individual ballot papers go out.
LABOUR leadership front runner David Miliband has thanked the Honiton and Tiverton branches of the Labour Party for backing his bid.
Both branches in the Tiverton and Honiton Constituency have nominated Mr Miliband as their preferred candidate.
Mr Miliband told the Midweek Herald in a statement today (Friday): “I am honoured to have the support of Tiverton and Honiton party members in my campaign.
“I promise I won’t let you down and that, together, we will rebuild our party and win for our values.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Miliband was speaking as individual ballot papers were being delivered to party members and members of trade unions.
He added: “Winning back the voters Labour lost won’t be easy. Labour has to change, to listen and to become the change that Britain needs.
- 1 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 2 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 3 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 4 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 5 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 6 Time to remember work of the NHS - and a way you can help locally
- 7 Council takes pride in flag outside headquarters
- 8 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 9 Summer progress at Exeter City
- 10 Gallery initiatives invite us to talk about climate through outstanding art
“We start this process by electing someone who is ready to face David Cameron at Prime Minister’s Questions and stand as a credible alternative Prime Minister at the next election.
“I would urge Midweek Herald readers, who are members of the Labour Party, to use their vote and visit www.davidmiliband.net to join the debate on Britain’s future.”