Axminster flower arrangers get busy with the fizzy
- Credit: Archant
Ladies learn how to create a bubbly design
Ladies from Axminster showed off their flower arranging talents during the first of a new series of specially designed workshops at Combe St Nicholas Village Hall.
Celebrating their first session for 2019, they learnt how to feature flowers, foliage and fizz into a beautifully bubbly design.
Tailored for everyone with an interest in arranging flowers regardless of experience, the ladies watched a step-by-step demonstration first before rolling up their sleeves and having a go themselves.
Amongst the Axminster participants were Julia Yates and Gillie George. Julia said: “This was a bubbling, fizzy and floral day. The results were wonderful!”
You may also want to watch:
“I loved this workshop and will make this design again and again, it was such fun”, added Gillie George.
Award-winning Somerset tutor Jackie Nicholls, from Ashville Design, who teaches the workshops said: “I always encourage the development of individual styles which creatively, makes the workshops even more exciting.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
“We decided to celebrate the start of another workshop year by enjoying a glass of bubbly at the end – the toast was to flowers, fun and friendship. Well done to everyone who came, it was just fabulous!”
For details of upcoming workshops visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk or call Jackie on 01460 67795 or 07906 259 683.