Axminster flower arrangers get festive
- Credit: Archant
Ladies learn to make snow globes and luxury door wreaths for Christmas
Flower arrangers from Axminster have been celebrating the festive season at workshops in Combe St Nicholas Village Hall.
They joined ladies from across the region to make snow globes and luxury door wreaths.
First time participant Angela Pearce, from Axminster, said: “It was challenging, but worth it as my design looked really good.”
Jackie Nicholls, who teaches the workshops, said: “Luxury wreaths like these can be quite a challenge to make, but everyone did extremely well and should be as proud of themselves as I am.”
You may also want to watch:
At another workshop the ladies learnt to create snow globes.
They were shown all the techniques needed to create a very classy design using an unusual shaped contemporary glass bowl.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Amongst the students were Carole Hanna and Julia Yates from Axminster.
Carole said: “Making a simple design that was so effective needed some patience, but I was absolutely delighted with my design.”
For details of upcoming workshops visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk or call Jackie on 01460 67795 or 07906 259 683.