Umborne ladies make floral handbags
- Credit: Archant
Group creates arrangements to give as Christmas gifts
Ladies at Umborne Village Hall were left feeling fabulously festive at a recent flower arranging workshop.
Watching a step-by-step demonstration, they learnt how to make a beautiful hessian snowflake handbag full of flowers that they could give as a Christmas gift.
Ann Shepherd from Umborne, near Axminster, who organised the session, met Somerset’s award-winning tutor Jackie Nicholls from Ashville Design in the summer when she was exhibiting her artificial work at the annual Axe Vale Show.
Noticing Jackie also taught workshops for fresh flower arranging, Ann thought this would be an enjoyable event to arrange for her group.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw Jackie’s work and asked her if she would come over to Umborne to teach us – and as you can see from the picture, the results were outstanding.
“It really did prove what she said - that you don’t have to be at all creative to be able to make something as lovely as this.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Tutor Jackie added: “The group learnt endless tips and tricks from the trade including how to prepare their foliage and flowers, then how to place them. The results were amazing, I really can’t congratulate them enough - it’s definitely a 10 out of 10 from me!”
For details of upcoming workshops visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk or call Jackie on 01460 67795 or 07906 259 683.