Lanchester car to be auctioned at Seaton
- Credit: Archant
Prized vehicle is expected to fetch around £5,000
A prized Lanchester LD10 vintage car is going under the hammer at Seaton later this month.
The vehicle is expected to fetch between £4,600 and £5,000 at Lyme Bay Auctions next sale on Monday, June 26 starting at 10am.
The car was first registered in 1951 and is one of only 579 built with an aluminium coachbuilt body by ‘Barker’.
The LD10 was the smallest post war car to be fitted with the self-changing gearbox and fluid flywheel. It was also the most expensive 10hp car available.
You may also want to watch:
Lyme Bay Auctions’ managing director Simon Watson said: “We are very excited to have been asked to auction this delightful car. What could be better than a spin in the English countryside in ‘Lily the Lanchester.’
Originally based in Birmingham, the Lanchester Motor Company was purchased by the BSA Group at the end of 1930, after which its cars were made by Daimler on their Coventry sites. Lanchester then became part of Jaguar Cars in 1960.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Simon continued: “The Lanchester reflects the huge variety of items that we are receiving for auction. Our monthly sales go from strength to strength, with an ever-increasing number of bidders, both online and in our salerooms, and we look forward to selling many more vintage cars in the future.”
Lyme Bay Auctions holds monthly general sales of antiques, collectables, furniture, silver, gold, jewellery, ceramics, artwork, vintage items and household goods. Contact them on: 01297 22453; www.lymebayauctions.co.uk; email@example.com