Lantern parade to light up Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Residents invited to attend local workshops to make their lanterns
A grand lantern parade is being planned to herald the festive season at Axminster this year.
It takes place on Friday November 24, before the Christmas Lights are switched on.
There are two workshops to help people create the lanterns – the first is next Wednesday evening (October 11) at 6.30pm at Atkins Antiques (formerly Lawsons).
The second is on Sunday, October 15, at The Heritage Centre between 1pm and 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Light up Axminster Committee said: “The parade will not only involve the lanterns but there will also be animation, shadow puppetry, music and film-making. All these activities and skills will be the result of workshops.”
To book places for the lantern-making workshop contact Light up Axminster chairman Cindy Furse on 07930 800 225 or email@example.com
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
Details of the other workshops, to which people should simply turn up, are available at www.lightupaxminster.co.uk