Last chance to sign up for Hospiscare’s Jolly Good Jaunt
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Jolly Good Jaunt is almost here!
Sign up soon or risk missing a lovely day of walking, scenery, good food, excellent company and tweed!
The walk is a 7.5-mile route through the glorious East Devon countryside around Deer Park, and includes exclusive access to the Honiton Showground.
It is held on Sunday, October 23, and is a fun event where participants are encouraged to wear tweed.
Family, friends, children and dogs are also welcome, whether in tweed or not!
You may also want to watch:
Hospiscare is thrilled to announce Honiton mayor Caroline Kolek will be joining the charity to support this local event.
“What a great way to raise awareness and money for a good cause,” Caroline said. “It will be great to have everyone coming together, strolling out in the fresh air and making the most of our beautiful environment. I will be doing the walk with my husband Stephen.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
“We have both visited Kings House and have seen the fantastic work they do.
“This can only continue with the support and charity of the community, which is why events such as The Jolly Good Jaunt are so important.”
Sign up online at www.jollygoodjaunt.co.uk or phone 01392 688020.
You can also turn up and register on the day between 9am and 10am for £20 per person.
Don’t forget yourregistration fee includes a FREE hog roast and hot beverage!
Special thanks go to Honiton and District Agricultural Association for their support.
Hospiscare is a local charity, providing free, high-quality care and support to people with a progressive life-limiting illness, and those close to them, in Exeter, East and Mid Devon.
Event details: The Deer Park Hotel, Gittisham, on Sunday, October 23. Sign up online at www.jollygoodjaunt.co.uk or phone 01392 688020.Registration on the day, 9am to 10am, £20 per person