Last civic engagement for mayor
Mixed emotions for the Mayor of Honiton, Councillor Vernon Whitlock as he prepares to step down.
It was a day of mixed emotions for the outgoing Mayor of Honiton as he conducted his last civic engagement before standing down.
The three times mayor, Councillor Vernon Whitlock, presented prizes to two lucky winners of an Easter bunny hunt during a school assembly at Offwell Church of England Primary School.
Five-year-old Alexis Hancock won a day out at Bicton Gardens and a chocolate bunny and runner up Sofia Corp-Hill, six, was also presented with a chocolate bunny.
The Easter competition helped raise funds for the Beehive community centre.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Community Centre Association has raised more than �13,000 for the project and has more than 30 fund-raising activities planned.
Anyone wishing to volunteer or make a donation is urged to call John Burgess on 01404 42341.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West