Last orders for Rita
A Shute Community Primary School dinner lady retires after mre than 20 years.
A DINNER lady from Shute Community Primary School has called last orders after more than 20 years.
Rita Gillingham, who has run the school kitchen has hung up her apron for the last time and will be sadly missed by both staff and pupils.
Headteacher Amanda Graham said: “Mrs Gillingham is such a familiar face at Shute Community Primary School.
“We’re used to staff forming strong bonds with this school and staying for a long time, but I think Mrs Gillingham holds the record.
You may also want to watch:
“She will be sorely missed.”
Rita plans to celebrate by joining other staff members for a Queen tribute night with The Bohemians at Bicton.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner