Last reunion for former King Street School pupils
Honitonians remember the past a tea hosted by Mrs Margaret Robson at the Royal British Legion Club.
THE last ever reunion for ex-pupils of Honiton’s former King Street School attracted a turnout of 17 people.
Two of them, Elsie Freemantle and Vic Dunn, are over 90.
Three others were 85 - Joan Foxwell, Ivy Patch and Daphne Bowyer.
Event organiser Margaret Robson is now 85 herself.
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon tea event, hosted by Mrs Robson, was staged at the Royal British Legion Club last year.
Others to attend the event included Maurice Gray, Betty Gigg, Joan Cox, Nipper Reed, Ken Stamp, Edwin Hawker, Derek and David Perryman, Joyce Gosling and Mr Channon.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 7 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 8 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon
“It was a lovely tea,” said Mrs Robson. “I would have liked to have seen more people there.
“It was our last reunion.”
Mrs Robson has written a book about the school.