Launch of illuminated carnival season
2011 contenders will line up in Seaton tomorrow.
The 2011 illuminated carnival season will get under way in Seaton tomorrow (Saturday).
Carnival clubs from across East Devon and beyond will reveal their new creations for the first time.
Seasoned carnivalites will be joined by ‘for one night only’ local entries, as well as some newcomers to the circuit.
It will be an extra special occasion for Seaton’s royal family - their first carnival will be on home turf.
You may also want to watch:
The procession will set off from the seafront at 8pm.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event