Launch of illuminated carnival season
2011 contenders will line up in Seaton tomorrow.
The 2011 illuminated carnival season will get under way in Seaton tomorrow (Saturday).
Carnival clubs from across East Devon and beyond will reveal their new creations for the first time.
Seasoned carnivalites will be joined by ‘for one night only’ local entries, as well as some newcomers to the circuit.
It will be an extra special occasion for Seaton’s royal family - their first carnival will be on home turf.
You may also want to watch:
The procession will set off from the seafront at 8pm.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West