Launch of ‘Yes to Fairer Votes’ campaign in Honiton
Local councillor to do the honours.
THE Yes to Fairer Votes campaign will reach Honiton next Thursday (March 10) when local Independent councillor Roger Giles will launch the initiative at Montgomery’s Hotel.
Those intending to vote yes to the alternative vote during a referendum on May 5 are invited to attend the launch at 7.30pm.
Councillor Giles said: “We need to change our electoral system in the UK. First-past-the-post no longer works.
“It is outdated and suited to the days of two dominant parties.
You may also want to watch:
“Politics in the UK is changing and I am keen to find others who agree that we must have a fairer and more representative system.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event