Hospital League of Friends backs Seaton exercise class
- Credit: Archant
‘Gentle Moves’ receives £780 funding to pay for the hire of the town hall
Seaton and District Hospital League of Friends is supporting a chair based exercise class.
Gentle Moves – performed to music - is held weekly at the town hall.
The town council paid the £780 cost of hiring the room for the first six months of the year and now the League of Friends has agreed to meet the cost for the remainder of 2018.
Zoe Lloyd, who runs Gentle Moves, said: “The friendly classes, have been running in Seaton for nearly 10 years. The class is designed around those who may find standing for too long too much now for exercising - those who haven’t managed much exercise in life but would like to remain independent and mobile and those that want to improve or keep what mobility they have. Working on co-ordination and flexibility, aiding health and wellbeing”.
You may also want to watch:
Beryl Elston, who regularly attends the group said: “The classes are great fun, due to Zoe’s enthusiasm and although at the time we think we’ve not done much work the next day muscle aches prove we have!
“It’s a great way to keep moving especially after ops and bouts of physio. You also work at our own pace and everyone seems to enjoy it.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
The classes are held every Tuesday from 10.30am to 11.30am. The cost is £5 per session. For further information please contact Zoe Lloyd on 07747511245