Leanne sets her sights on new charity
Local fund-raiser Leanne Greengrass looks to set up a new charity to help fund research into sight loss.
A Honiton fundraiser is looking to the future and is close to setting up a new charity to help fund research into sight loss caused by eye cancer and other conditions.
Leanne Greengrass is in the final stages of setting up See the Future as a registered charity after being inspired by her mother, Jacqueline, who is lucky to be alive after a routine eye exam led to a diagnosis of a rare form of eye cancer.
The 28-year-old is now putting the final touches to a charity summer ball to be held on Friday, September 14, and needs as much support as she can.
“This is a fundraising event with every penny raised going to Exeter and Liverpool Eye Care Units supporting further research into the devastating loss of sight through Eye Cancer and many other conditions,” says Leanne.
You may also want to watch:
“Eyes are so precious, you only need to speak to my mum to know this. People coming along to the See The Future summer charity ball will talk to friends and family about it and why this event was started and this alone will start people talking about how important it is to go to the opticians.”
She added: “People think going to the opticians is just about eye sight but it isn’t, you can detect so much more, mini strokes, diabetes and rare eye cancers. This should encourage people to come along to get the message out there
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 9 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
The event at Woodbury Park Hotel includes live music and a big auction including items donated by Sir Cliff Richard and Dame Judy Dench.
Tickets cost �45 and include a three course meal and champagne reception and are available by calling 07832130533.