Leanne sets sight on charity boom
- Credit: Archant
Bright future ahead for See the Future.
A Honiton fundraiser is looking to the future and hopes the new charity she helped set up will continue to go from strength to strength.
Leanne Greengrass founded See the Future, which became a charitable trust last year, to raise money for research into eye conditions which can lead to devastating sight loss.
She said: “I’m in the middle of coming up with different fund-raising ideas to really get See the Future noticed as a local charity.
“Every day is very exciting, with the work going into this charity, it could become really big.”
You may also want to watch:
She was inspired to set up See the Future after her mother Jacqueline lost her eye after being diagnosed with a cancerous tumour following a routine eye exam.
The 28-year-old is currently making preparations for the second See the Future charity ball on September 30 following the success of the event last year, which raised £2,660.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
She added: “I am really looking forward to the next charity ball, it is going to be even more successful than the last one which I didn’t think would be possible.”
The event, which is to be held at Woodbury Park Hotel, features a champagne reception, ,three course meal and music and dance entertainments.
East Devon Dance Crew will also be returning to entertain guests on the night.
There will be a live and silent auction – at last year’s event prizes were donated by Sir Cliff Richard and Dame Judy Dench.
For more information or for tickets call Leanne 07934690466. For updates and the latest news on the event visit See the Future’s Facebook page.