Learn to save a life with the Freewheelers
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton bloodbikes charity is running a first aid course next month (March).
A Honiton-based charity bloodbikes charity is putting on a full ‘first aid at work’ course at its headquarters next month.
Devon Freewheelers is running the course in the form of evening classses, which are set to be held over a three week period.
The course is fully compliant with the Health and Safety Executive First Aid at Work Regulations, and covers all of the basic first aid techniques people may encounter at home or in the workplace, including the unconscious casualty, resuscitation techniques, control of bleeding, wound dressing and more.
Daniel Lavery, founder and chief executive of the Devn Freewheelers, said : “Basic first aid skills could quite literally save a life.
You may also want to watch:
“By running this course in the evenings over a period of three weeks we hope to give everyone who has an interest easy access to learning. As a registered charity, the reduced course fees go straight back in to support the charity.
The cost of the course has been reduced by the provider and is available for £150 for the complete course registration, all training and certification upon completion.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
The course dates are held on March 1 and 2, March 8 and 9, and March 15 and 16.
They run from 6pm to 9pm, and refreshments will be available to attendeeas.
For more information call the Devon Freewheelers office on 0300 800 0105 between 10am and 2pm or email email@example.com to reserve a place.
The charity is based at 5 Durham Way, at Honiton’s Heathpark Industrial Estate.
Devon Freewheelers provides an out-of-hours emergency response courier service to the NHS.