WITH reference to car parking charges: we had the same problem with increased car parking charges in Ottery St Mary. Eventually, after a huge campaign, East Devon District Council reduced them (a bit). The council was really unsympathetic to our requests.
WITH reference to car parking charges: we had the same problem with increased car parking charges in Ottery St Mary. Eventually, after a huge campaign, East Devon District Council reduced them (a bit).
The council was really unsympathetic to our requests.
They were high-handed and tried their best to browbeat us into submission.
You wouldn't think they were there to look after our interests!
You may also want to watch:
For instance, the council said it had increased the "highest minimum stay tariff" to help local shopkeepers by encouraging visitors to stay longer.
(Not driving shoppers away to Tesco where they don't have to pay!)
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 3 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 7 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 8 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 10 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
It also stated that the council was charging more here "to proactively support lesser used car parks in the district".
EDDC is squeezing as much out of motorists as it can so it can pretend to reduce the council tax and crow about how clever councillors are.
Apart from being unethical, this policy is having a very negative effect on local communities, local shops, tourism and general quality of life.
The council won't be satisfied until we are all living in dead dormitory towns.
It's all so short-sighted, it beggars belief.
I hope folks in Honiton stand up to the "Economy Directorate" and their insidious policy, which is nothing short of legalised robbery
Ottery St Mary