Legendary photographer retires
Colin Bowerman takes last news picture in Membury.
Legendary Axe Valley photographer Colin Bowerman has retired.
The freelance cameraman took his last picture at Membury Primary School last Friday - and, for once, the cameras were on him.
Midweek Herald photographer Terry Ife took this picture to record the end of an era.
Colin, who is married to journalist Diana, has recorded the events of the Axe Valley and beyond for decades.
You may also want to watch:
He was recently described by historian Ted Gosling as “Seaton’s premier photographer”.
He has now hung up his lens to focus on retirement.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis