Legendary photographer retires
Colin Bowerman takes last news picture in Membury.
Legendary Axe Valley photographer Colin Bowerman has retired.
The freelance cameraman took his last picture at Membury Primary School last Friday - and, for once, the cameras were on him.
Midweek Herald photographer Terry Ife took this picture to record the end of an era.
Colin, who is married to journalist Diana, has recorded the events of the Axe Valley and beyond for decades.
You may also want to watch:
He was recently described by historian Ted Gosling as “Seaton’s premier photographer”.
He has now hung up his lens to focus on retirement.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism