Legion honour for Joan
Former Honiton health visitor presented with a badge and certificate of merit.
Joan Sinden, the former secretary of the Women’s Section of the Honiton branch of the Royal British Legion, has been honoured for her service.
The former health visitor was presented with a badge and certificate of merit by the section’s vice president, Margaret Robson, during a meeting at Honiton Methodist Church today (Monday).
Although she has retired as secretary, Joan still represents Honiton at county and group meetings.
She has been a member of the women’s section since 1986 and has worked tirelessly for the Legion in Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
The section has relocated to the Methodist Church following the closure of the Legion’s headquarters in Dowell Street.
Popular afternoon bingos are still held monthly - but in the Mackarness Hall.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery