Let’s go for it!
Recently, I was at a very well-attended meeting in Seaton Town Hall, sponsored by the Seaton s Voice group, which was very ably chaired by Carol Manley.
Recently, I was at a very well-attended meeting in Seaton Town Hall, sponsored by the Seaton's Voice group, which was very ably chaired by Carol Manley. The aim of the meeting was to acquaint us with their progress with ongoing negotiations with our district council about the use and eventual return of the town hall to its rightful owners.
It was immediately obvious that a great deal of work had already been done and, with people and organisations unstintingly offering their help and skills, much had already been achieved in their drive towards this goal.
Many of us will remember a meeting in the Town Hall sometime ago when our mayor asked the people of the town to take on the burden of trying to make the town hall a viable proposition and, much to their credit, a number of people came forward to try to cope with this onerous task.
Now another chance has arrived and, with the group's leadership, determination and business plan, the district council's offered help, the backing of the town council and the community at large, we may, at last, once more own our town hall with all the advantages and possibilities that would accrue from such an endeavour.
You may also want to watch:
So, let's do what our newly formed chamber of trade is trying to do and what our football team is doing at the moment, sitting on top of their league and already almost out of sight of their rivals and go for it.
As Chris Byrne-Jones stated in his letter to the Midweek Herald a short while ago, Seaton's greatest asset is indeed its citizens.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 7 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz