Liam shows his pedal power
Honiton Community College student completes cycling challenge to pay tribute to his uncle Ray.
A young fund-raiser from Honiton has shown his pedal power after cycling around East Devon in memory of his uncle.
Liam Crawford, who attends Honiton Community College, raised �285 for Marie Curie Cancer Care to pay tribute to his uncle, Ray Emerson, who died of cancer two years ago.
The 14-year-old cycled from Honiton to Sidmouth to Seaton and Lyme Regis.
Liam said: “It was in memory of my uncle who died due to cancer - I was really close to him and wanted to do it for him.
You may also want to watch:
“I did the bike ride in one day and I was very tired out.”
He also raised money at his bowls club in Honiton where he got people to sponsor him.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
However, Liam admits he was not expecting to raise as much as he did.
“It was a nice surprise when we counted up all the money - it was unbelievable,” he adds.
Liam presented the money to Marie Curie’s community fund-raiser Sarah Washington.