Liam shows his pedal power
Honiton Community College student completes cycling challenge to pay tribute to his uncle Ray.
A young fund-raiser from Honiton has shown his pedal power after cycling around East Devon in memory of his uncle.
Liam Crawford, who attends Honiton Community College, raised �285 for Marie Curie Cancer Care to pay tribute to his uncle, Ray Emerson, who died of cancer two years ago.
The 14-year-old cycled from Honiton to Sidmouth to Seaton and Lyme Regis.
Liam said: “It was in memory of my uncle who died due to cancer - I was really close to him and wanted to do it for him.
“I did the bike ride in one day and I was very tired out.”
He also raised money at his bowls club in Honiton where he got people to sponsor him.
- 1 Proposals for new solar farm off land near A30
- 2 Dalwood country fair this August
- 3 Dog show to raise vital funds for Devon Air Ambulance and Blue Cross
- 4 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
- 5 Dracula at Seaton - something to sink your teeth into this summer
- 6 Property of the Week: Maroc House, Lyme Regis
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
- 9 Green flag award for four East Devon parks
- 10 Tigers roar in brilliant start to the football season
However, Liam admits he was not expecting to raise as much as he did.
“It was a nice surprise when we counted up all the money - it was unbelievable,” he adds.
Liam presented the money to Marie Curie’s community fund-raiser Sarah Washington.