Lidl opens Honiton store
Mayor cuts ribbon at opening ceremony.
Discount supermarket chain Lidl has opened a new store in Honiton.
The supermarket, at Heathpark, occupies the former BP garage site and was opened at 8am this morning (Thursday).
Councillor Vernon Whitlock cut a ribbon at the event and the store’s manager presented the first customer with a bottle of Champagne.
Last night (Wednesday) hundreds turned out to receive free goody bags at an invitation-only event.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Whitlock said around 200 invitations had been sent to those living nearby. However, it is estimated that as many as 700 people turned up.
Pictures to follow.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track